Sibros builds the Deep Connectivity Platform, the world’s leading solution for full vehicle over-the-air software updates, real-time data collection, and AI-powered analytics in a single system. The technology stack is designed to scale to millions of vehicles spanning across tens of different vehicle architectures.
We build the embedded firmware required for the next generation of automotive vehicles. As part of the embedded software team, you would ensure that the Deep Connectivity Platform is performant and reliable.
Sibros' software development workflow is the best in the industry writing extremely high quality software by exercising test-driven development composed of 100% line and branch coverage. As such, the software development is focused on features and innovation rather than working on bugs in an endless loop. Typical role consists of writing firmware in C and C++, and integrating the technology in vehicle hardware.
About the Role
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment
- Write scalable code that can address broad range of vehicle architectures
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems
- Be involved in the full life-cycle of firmware development from concept through integration, test and high volume manufacturing
- Contribute towards writing requirements with traceability to implementation and the test cases
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements
- Contribute to technical designs and ECU requirements, safety analysis, and interface design between various microcontrollers
- Interface with hardware and mechanical engineering teams, as well as clients and end-users of the products
- Should be working towards (or already have) a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- All levels of experience are needed
- Proficiency in the following areas/aspects:
- C programming and proven record of delivering high quality code
- Design code modules with static memory footprint
- Git version control system
- Embedded systems design and architectures - should be familiar with concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, software interrupts, priority inversion, etc.
- Low-level driver implementation (like SPI, ADC, PWM, CAN, LIN, etc.)
- Computer Science principles such as data structures and algorithms
- Mentorship experience (including code reviews)
- Has had experience working on projects for student clubs and organizations like robotics club, SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), Solarboat, EV Club, etc.
- Familiarity with hardware
- Hands-on experience with electrical circuits and basic circuit design and analysis
- Experience with:
- MISRA C, unit testing, static analysis tools
- Python scripting
- Embedded microprocessor toolchain
- Familiarity with ARM cores
- Familiarity with processors from TI (C2000, Hercules, MSP430, etc.), Freescale (MPC560x), Infineon, STMicro
- Familiarity with embedded RTOS (eg. freeRTOS, MQX, DSP BIOS, etc.)
- Hardware board bring-ups
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.