About the Role
The VP of People is an experienced business and change leader with a deep expertise in the discipline of human resources. This critical role will drive HR strategy, policy, key programming, and overall transformation of the global HR function. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, the VP of People will serve as a strategic partner working with global HR team members and cross-functional leads to implement initiatives that retain talent, promote employee growth and satisfaction, and align with organizational goals and objectives. This position will be located in our San Jose office.
- Proactively assesses and anticipates HR initiatives that align with strategic business objectives and develops integrated solutions on a global basis.
- Uses data and experiences to spot problems/trends and formulate action plans.
- Implements and manages global HR-related initiatives including, employee policies and procedures, onboarding and off-boarding practices, leave management, compensation management, benefits administration, recognition and retention strategies, occupational health and safety, training and development, workers compensation, and disciplinary matters, dispute resolution and investigations.
- Leads comprehensive performance management initiatives, including working with team leads to identify key goals, objectives and other criteria to support the growth and development of employees.
- Monitors compliance with U.S. federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, as well compliance in foreign jurisdictions.
- Leverages and manages external resources to recommend and implements best practices and ensure compliance.
- Global oversight of immigration initiatives.
- Develops and executes HR strategies and activities that cultivate growth, innovation, employee engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Contributes information, analysis and recommendations for organizational development.
- Manages, mentors and develops global HR team members.
- Partners with leadership on value added strategic priorities such as employee culture initiatives, employee engagement, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Serves as a coach and advocate across all levels of the organization; provides guidance on employee relations matters and leads issue resolution.
- Promotes ethical and cultural awareness to the workforce through training, development and consultation.
- Implements operational efficiencies that support and drive global scale and growth.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and HRIS technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; an advanced degree a plus.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR is strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive People Operations leadership experience on a global scale; at least 8 years of HR leadership experience.
- Experience working in a technology company with fully-realized HR programs.
- Experience managing global HR matters and team members.
- Experience in a quickly scaling environment with the desire to be hands-on, as well as strategic.
- Ability to problem solve and provide critical thinking as a thought partner to executive leadership of the business.
- Deep knowledge of HR compliance matters.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results.
- Strong communicator and ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback.
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce.
- Relationship builder and natural collaborator.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.