About the Role
Sibros builds the Deep Connectivity Platform, the world’s leading solution for full vehicle over-the-air software updates, real-time data collection, and AI-powered analytics in a single system.
We’re quickly expanding our products to serve millions of vehicles and having a robust common layer to serve as a foundation for all of our products is what makes our platform best in class. As a key part of our Infrastructure Team building that foundation, you will be responsible for designing solutions that help provide fundamental features such as high availability, observability instruments, efficient service-to-service communications to all the services developed at Sibros.
You’ll also be working in a team to develop the multi-cloud initiatives and expand Sibros’ footprint worldwide. In addition, you will have the opportunity to interface with the world’s leading mobility companies working closely with our customers to collaborate on designing the best solutions to integrate multiple cloud backends together.
Your responsibilities as Backend Software Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing essential core libraries/services that could be reused by all other microservices (e.g. service mesh, authentication, observability instruments, storage abstractions, feature flag, etc.)
- Leading discussions with Sibros’ customers and collaborate with them to find the best architecture that seamlessly integrates multiple environments together
- Participating in multi-cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) initiatives, introducing best practices in abstraction in order to minimize the moving pieces amongst multiple clouds
- Identifying the gaps in the system while scaling to millions of vehicles, and provide generic solutions to ensure high availability, reliability, and scalability
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and adapt to a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficient in writing at least one programming language in production-grade
- Passionate about the vision and mission of the company, and interested in solving challenging problems in the automotive IoT domain
- Strong experience in writing Golang in production
- Experience in designing and implementing systems for large scale IoT devices
- Experience in the public cloud and cloud-native technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in working with enterprise customers for API integration
- Experience in working in a large-scale infrastructure team
- Has a good grasp of limitations and potential issues of different parts of the infrastructure
- Experience in setting technical directions for engineering teams
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.