About the Role
One of Sibros’ core products is to offer OTA (over-the-air) software updates to a fleet of vehicles. We believe all the new vehicles will have some form of connectivity to the cloud in a few years. We are building a deployment engine that powers millions of vehicles with millions of software updates. This is not an easy problem to solve, especially in the automotive industry: vehicles could go offline anytime, poor network connectivity is a norm, updates need to happen only in safe circumstances… the list could go on. As part of the team, you will be tackling one of the most challenging and critical problems in the OTA domain at planet scale, untangling various race conditions and scaling issues in a large distributed system. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a highly scalable, reliable distributed system that orchestrates vehicle package/configuration upgrade among millions of vehicles
- Build an end-to-end secure package distribution system by leveraging the Security framework
- Work closely with firmware engineers, frontend engineers and product owners to implement essential features.
- Define API as building blocks for customers to automate their entire deployment flow
- Understand the pattern of vehicle and cloud communication, and come up with creative solutions to handle various race conditions efficiently
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in designing and implementing the micro-services in production-grade.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and adapt to a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficient in writing at least one programming language (e.g. python, golang) in production-grade.
- Experience in the public cloud and cloud-native technologies. E.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience in developing large-scale deployment/workflow orchestration systems. (bonus)
- Good understanding of security, certificate and encryption, and familiar with update frameworks like TUF or Uptane (bonus)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.